The official description from the MNRI website: Fundamental to the MNRI Method is the understanding that automatic primary motor reflex patterns do not disappear, they integrate. While most people in the general health and wellness community are quite familiar with primary motor reflex patterns, they generally view the patterns as developmental milestones. In the course of working with a patient, if primary motor reflex patterns are found active beyond the expected or typical developmental time period, the presence of the pattern is viewed as an indication that underlying developmental or neurological issues may exist.
In other words: if a child has reflex issues (and most Autistic/ADHD kids do) it will also cause behavior problems.
The beauty of the MNRI program – after receiving the assessment of all reflexes – the parents are trained to do the various daily therapy exercises themselves, at home. Usually with nothing more needed than a massage therapy table.
- To receive an assessment (and therapy/training) in the Washington DC area: Mary Rentschler (202) 244-8280.
- To receive an assessment anywhere in the world, and also attend a seminar for training, see http://masgutovamethod.com/events?conference=1&course=1
- I started with the 2-Day MNRI® Parent Workshop (only parents attend the seminar classes during the day, but you can bring you child beforehand for an assessment).
- Another good way to begin is to enroll in a Multi-Day MNRI® Family Educational Conference. Parents and children attend these week-long seminars, children receive therapy all day long, both from MNRI professionals, and from their parents (as the parents are taught to do the exercises themselves).
- Or, if you are part of a local autism (or ADHD) group, and you would like to be a Local Area Coordinator and bring a Mastutova Method seminar to your area, please contact the MNRI Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MNRI Official Website www.masgutovamethod.com