- Put everyone in your house on the diet. Give away all your illegal food.
- Pack a “lunch bag” for your child whenever he leaves the house: for school, playdates, sports, outings with Grandma, you name it.
- Inform the school in writing and verbally – to every single teacher – of dietary restrictions. Although I provided printed and emailed legal/illegal lists to his teachers, I didn’t count on them to do much with it, as I sent in all of his food from home every day.
- Also provide all friends and relatives with printed and emailed legal/illegal lists.
- Ask the teacher to keep a stash of your frozen GAPS cupcakes – clearly marked with your child’s name – in case there is a treat day.
- Provide allergy blood test results (igG tests) to the school if you have them.
- And the obvious: serve delicious food, that he likes.
Please remember that no matter your dreams or obstacles, you have the power to change your child’s life. I sincerely hope our resources can help you do just that.